KIDS Silks I
Kids Silks I is for students ages 7-11. Children's class focuses on silks technique, strength, and communication through movement. Classes are centered around learning/creating dance combinations, techniques to focus and increase awareness, and listening to your body and to those around you. Students may gain strength and awareness in preparation for Silks II. Some students may be asked to join Silks II for Kids.
OCT 4–DEC 13
KIDS SILKS I
DURATION: 10 weeks / 10 classes
LOCATION: Blue Lapis Light studio 10331 Old Manchaca Rd
HYDRATION: Water is provided, but please bring your own water bottle
• Class attire is tight-fitting workout clothes and bare feet. Baggy clothes may become tangled in the cloth.
• Capri-length pants are recommended. Long tight-fitting pants work, but may need to be rolled up for certain vocabulary. Shorts may gather into uncomfortable positions.
• Students may want to bring a shirt with sleeves to protect their under arms.
• Leotards and unitards are also recommended as they will provide more coverage for your skin.
• Students should refrain from wearing jewelry that will snag or rip aerial fabric, this includes diamonds or rings with sharp edges, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pants with obtrusive zippers and buttons, diamond-encrusted sports bras, etc.