EXPLORING DANCE, MUSICALITY AND
EXPRESSION IN THE AIR
a workshop with Maya Kaough
Join us for an evening of dancing with and on aerial fabrics, as we play with new approaches to our aerial practice. Maya will bring a fun and lighthearted approach to safely explore expression and creation. Simple, approachable choreographic games and exercises will help us discover new pathways and means of relating to music and audience.
Maya was a collaborator and instructor with Blue Lapis Light from 2009-2016. Her background includes certification in Spacial Dynamics, training in the movement art of Eurythmy and NASM certification. She is the artistic director of Rapt Aerial Dance.
DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2017
LOCATION: Blue Lapis Light studio 10331 Old Manchaca Rd
HYDRATION: Water is provided, but please bring your own water bottle
• Class attire is tight-fitting workout clothes and bare feet. Baggy clothes may become tangled in the cloth.
• Capri-length pants are recommended. Long tight-fitting pants work, but may need to be rolled up for certain vocabulary. Shorts may gather into uncomfortable positions.
• Students may want to bring a shirt with sleeves to protect their under arms.
• Leotards and unitards are also recommended as they will provide more coverage for your skin.
• Students should refrain from wearing jewelry that will snag or rip aerial fabric, this includes diamonds or rings with sharp edges, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pants with obtrusive zippers and buttons, diamond-encrusted sports bras, etc.